New Jersey Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Although our laws require drivers to yield the right of way to pedestrians and use care when driving near pedestrians, unfortunately these laws are often ignored, and even when drivers do obey the law, accidents can still happen — and when they do, pedestrians are the most vulnerable. Since injuries can be extremely severe in these types of accidents, you are likely to have a lot on your plate following a pedestrian accident, and you may be dealing with the loss of a loved one or a bodily injury. At times like these, it is crucial to retain a good plaintiff’s lawyer who can help you handle the burden of seeking fair legal recourse. Our plaintiff’s lawyers at Keefe Bartels are ready to put our decades of experience and our well honed skills to work reviewing the facts and helping you build the best case possible in the pursuit of full compensation for your injuries and losses after a pedestrian accident. If you or a loved one have suffered a loss resulting from a pedestrian accident, contact us today so we can begin advocating zealously for the most favorable outcome in your case.
Call us at 877-ATTY-247 or contact us via email for your free consultation today.
Common Pedestrian Injuries
Some of the most common precipitating factors in pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Illegal parking, which can block drivers’ views
- Drunk or drugged drivers
- Distracted drivers (e.g. use of cell phones, distractions caused by passengers, etc.)
- Disobeying traffic lights and other traffic signals
- Failure to watch for pedestrians and remain aware of surroundings
How to Seek Compensation
No matter what the circumstances of your accident, our attorneys are likely to have experience handling similar matters and familiarity with applicable laws. Therefore we are well positioned to thoroughly investigate the facts of your case in order to take advantage of every possible argument that can be made on your behalf, zealously and attentively navigating the legal landscape of your claim to maximize results for you and your loved ones.
Since pedestrians often have very little protection to help shield them from injuries, and are some of the most vulnerable accident victims in any auto accident circumstances, serious injuries often result from this type of accident, such as:
- Brain injuries
- Spine injuries and spinal cord complications
- Fractures or broken bones
- Loss of limbs, or loss of function of limbs
Working with a seasoned and well respected plaintiff’s firm like Keefe Bartels, you can rest assured that your pedestrian injury claim is in good hands and will be receive the personal attention necessary to craft the best possible case on your behalf.
Safety Practices For Pedestrians
We recommend taking the following precautions as a pedestrian in order to minimize the risk of injury or accident:
- Always walk on sidewalks when possible, in order to stay out of the way of nearby vehicles, and walk facing oncoming traffic when no sidewalk is available, in order to maximize your awareness of oncoming traffic
- Wear bright colors during the day and reflective materials at night in order to maximize your visibility to oncoming and nearby traffic
- Do not cross roads outside of marked crosswalk areas
- Always stop to look for oncoming traffic before entering roadways. Look left, right, and left again before entering the roadway.
If your life or loved ones have been affected by a pedestrian accident, contact us now so that we can guide you through your legal rights and options, and begin building a successful case without delay. Call us at 877-ATTY-247 or contact us via email for your free consultation today.