New Jersey Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
One of the most common types of accidents that can result in substantial injury is the slip and fall, which happens to thousands of Americans every year. This type of accident can result in life-changing injuries and disabilities, and in extreme cases, may even result in death. In today’s busy world, hazards that can lead to slip and fall accidents are everywhere. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury as the result of a slip and fall accident, it is important to have a good plaintiff’s accident attorney on your side to help you achieve the best feasible result in your case. At Keefe Bartels, our knowledgeable, award-winning team of plaintiff’s attorneys are well prepared to go to bat to you, putting our decades of experience to work in the tireless pursuit of fair legal compensation for your injuries or losses.
Contact us at 877-ATTY-247 or by email for your free consultation today.
NJ Slip and Fall Accidents: Common Causes and What to Do
Our zealous team of plaintiff’s accident attorneys can help you understand your rights and how best to proceed with your slip and fall accident claim depending on your unique circumstances. We have handled countless slip and fall cases, including many matters involving the following common causes of injury:
- Snow and Ice
- Stairs (unlit stairwells, failure to properly maintain staircases, dangerous stairways)
- Wet floors
- Construction site defects
- Sidewalk, pavement, or other surface defects
- Balcony, deck, or terrace falls
- Boat ramp or parking ramp falls
- Shower and bath falls
- Uneven carpet, flooring, or other surfaces
- Tripping over objects
If you have been the victim of a slip and fall accident, it is important to take the following steps in order to build your case and document your injury and the conditions which may have contributed to it:
- Consult with a skilled knowledgeable, and experienced New Jersey plaintiff’s accident law firm like Keefe Bartels
- Take pictures of the accident scene, and any injuries or damage caused by the accident
- Collect contact information for all potential witnesses (name, address, phone number)
- File an accident report with the business owner or manager if the accident occurred in a place of business
- Get a copy of your accident report before you leave the scene of the accident
- Save items as evidence when possible, such as your shoes and the item that caused your fall. If produce was involved in your accident, such as in a grocery store, freeze the item for later examination in connection with your case. We recommend storing your shoes in a sealed plastic bag to preserve their condition at the time of the accident.
- See a doctor to ensure that records of your injuries are made in a timely manner.
We will carefully analyze the details of your situation and provide sound guidance to help you better understand your rights, and build a strong case to win the compensation you deserve from negligent business owners, property owners, or others who may have contributed to the situation that led to your injury. Some of the common factors that may come into play in this type of matter include the following issues:
- How long the dangerous condition existed prior to your injury
- Whether any accidents have happened at the same location, in the same way, previously
- Whether the property or business owner followed a regular cleaning, repair, or maintenance schedule, and if so, whether that schedule was reasonable and well implemented
- Whether there was a good reason for the presence of the object or condition that contributed to causing your injury
- Whether the object or condition which caused your injury could have been made safer
- Whether a reasonable effort was made to warn patrons or the public object or condition which caused your injury, or whether such an effort could reasonably have been made
Since many different factors go into building an optimal case on your behalf, and there may be many different potentially liable parties, working with the right attorney, who will provide personal attention to your matter and has decades of experience to apply on your behalf, is crucial in slip and fall injury cases.
If you or a loved one have suffered as the result of a slip and fall accident, it is extremely important to reach out to a good plaintiff’s attorney as soon as possible, in order to better understand your legal position and begin crafting a winning case. Call us at 877-ATTY-247 or email us today for a free consultation